Friday, October 12, 2007

Gratitude

I read in the Reader's Digest that gratitude can help you be more healthy, less stressed, and more optimistic. People have been studying how gratitude affects a person's well-being, both physically and mentally, and it seems to be quite a powerful force for good. Not only does it help a person feel better personally, but people who live gratefully are more likely to help others, which makes other people feel better, too.  So it becomes a big, beautiful circle of gratitude. I like to think of myself as a grateful kind of person, but the scientists that did the study suggest keeping a gratitude journal.  Apparently, taking time each day to remember and write down things for which you are grateful, helps you become a happier and healthier person. I will give this a try. And I will incorporate my gratitude journal into my blog. Feel free to comment and add your own "grateful moments" as well.  Let's all get happier together!

No comments: