Sunday, October 21, 2007

Who is Ed Helms?


I am a big fan of "The Office," and I am especially entertained by the character Andy Bernard, played by Ed Helms. I have not been a loyal watcher of Jon Stewart's "Daily Show," (it's on too late for me) so I hadn't seen much of Ed Helms before his part on The Office.

If you haven't seen The Office, you are missing out on some good laughs. If you like sharp humor, sometimes uncomfortable politically incorrect situations, and interesting characters, you will love The Office. You might want to give it a try.

So as I was saying, I didn't know much about Ed Helms. His character, Andy, is very annoying. He's a huge suck-up. He breaks into song without warning. He brings his banjo to work. He has a problem with anger management. Get the idea?

I was wondering about the guy behind it all, so I did some research. Okay, I say "research," but you know what I mean is, I typed "Ed Helms" into my search bar. What I found out is that he is from Atlanta, went to college at Oberlin in Ohio, did stand-up comedy, plays in a bluegrass trio, was on The Daily Show, and now he's on The Office. I put all the details together on a Squidoo page, if you're interested in learning more about Ed Helms and Andy Bernard. It includes some of my favorite scenes from The Office, and a link to his band's site. Enjoy!

No comments: